Gov. DeSantis recently announced the lifting of restrictions on summer camps throughout Florida. The timing is critical because summer camps offer opportunities for kids to gain independence and self-confidence, learn new skills and have some much-needed fun.
That’s why Tambone Companies is honored to support the Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Lucie County’s Camp-A-Thon program. In these difficult times, with so many families stretched financially thin, the camps serve a more important role than ever.
Our sponsorship will enable more children to receive scholarships to attend the summer camp which provides the following benefits:
- Providing peace of mind to parents returning to work - knowing their kids are being cared for by an organization they trust
- Offering a sense of normalcy and a safe place for kids and teens to have fun within strict CDC safety guidelines.
- Preventing “Summer Slide” which is the loss of academic skills and knowledge over the course of a long break. Programming offered through these summer camps includes certified teachers to help keep kids on track for school next year, focusing on literacy and math in collaboration with St. Lucie Public Schools.
- Teens have their own designated space and participate in Workforce Readiness activities in collaboration with the St Lucie County Economic Development Council Bootcamp, as well as recreation and good citizenship projects.
- Helping to stimulate the local economy by enabling parents to go back to work.
As a reminder, we continue to make updates to the Our St Lucie website and have added a new section on more than 300 Shops and Services that are now open, as well as 140+ Restaurants offering dine-in and/or outdoor seating. We hope you will share this email and Our St. Lucie with others so it can be of benefit to as many people and businesses as possible.
Please consider joining us in support of the Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Lucie County or a Boys & Girls Clubs in your own community. Together, we are all doing what we can to make a positive difference in this new world.
Take care, stay well, and we look forward to being able to see you again soon,
Richard and Lori Tambone